Please click HERE to access the 2016-17 Safeguarding Curriculum Timetable for Year 11.
I have literally just written my comment for the Year 11 Year Book. I can’t believe that we’re almost at the end of an era and my amazing group are on the point of moving on. In many ways it feels like just a short while ago that they arrived in September 2012 very apprehensive, not knowing what the next five years would hold. In another way it feels like those Year 11 students have been around forever (in a good way!) We will be sad to see you go but happy to welcome back to Sixth Form those of you who have opted to stay.
We are at the point in the year where we remind students of the best ways to revise. Top tips for families to reinforce are:
- The importance of a good night’s sleep
- Revision needs to be done away from the distraction of a mobile phone
- Revise in small sections, around 20 minutes at a time
- Allocate rewards for reaching targets
- Reading notes or a book isn’t enough – make notes or create a revision resource
- Complete past papers/ exam questions to the correct time limit
- Prioritise topics that need greater attention
- Remember that everyone wants the same positive outcome and everyone’s trying to help
- Get some fresh air in between revision sessions.
Katya Delahay - Head of Year 11