Adult Learning at WYEDEAN
This Summer why not get out and about and learn something new? What better way than coming along to an adult education class and learning a new skill or even developing your current skills? Under the Wyedean Adult Education programme, we offer a broad range of very affordable courses. You will come away enriched and more confident, having developed skills and knowledge in a relaxed and supportive atmosphere. Have a browse through the courses available. With such a choice, there is sure to be one to suit you, whether in the evening or during the day or taking place at Wyedean School or in a community venue in Lydney, Woolaston, Forest Hills, Westbury, or St Briavels. Come along and enjoy the sheer pleasure of doing something that fulfils you.
Latest news and events
Summer Term 2017 courses start on Tuesday 2 May
Students have rated their experience extremely highly. For instance, on the recent Wellbeing through Mindfulness course, this student found that “this course has helped me to deal much better with anxiety and stress. I also have learned to take time to concentrate on myself and how I am feeling, and not let things bother me so much.”
On the Excel course, a student found “The tutor was really welcoming and patient and really helpful. Approachable, kind and really lovely.” Another tutor was appreciated for being “patient, encouraging and imaginative” and liked best about the course the “unexpected and innovative”.
On the Landscape Archaeology course this student was “Impressed by the incredible knowledge of the lecturer plus the hands-on bit where we examined archaeological artefacts.”
A student on the Silversmithing Jewellery for All course, said that she had gained so much “I was able to develop my ability to create my vision and also my well-being from the social side”.
Overall, the relaxed atmosphere in classes was flagged up - the friendliness of the group making people feel at ease; how much fun it was to learn; appreciation of the knowledge of the teachers.
Look forward to a fantastic and wide choice of courses
SUMMER HIGHLIGHTS: Well Being through Mindfulness; Excavation Archaeology; Reiki Intro Workshop; Golf Coaching; Watercolour & Acrylic Painting Day; Flowers: Weddings, Parties + Celebrations. And, Italian is back.
- Do you want to develop the feel-good factor? Discover this on Well Being through Mindfulness; Yoga; Pilates or Zumba. Or even on Painting through Watercolours.
- Learning a new language is just so beneficial - stretches the brain and widens horizons. Choose from Italian, French or Spanish.
- Is it time to bring out that sewing machine and make a stunning outfit for yourself, or even energise your home with beautiful new soft furnishings? On the Clothes Making, Alterations & Soft Furnishing course, you will get every assistance to help you complete your projects beautifully.
- How about enriching your CV and professional prospects? Level 2 Food Hygiene, Level 2 Health & Safety in the Workplace, along with Basic Food Hygiene & Safety, Basic First Aid and EFAW are also on offer.
- If you do not want to commit to a full course, however, you can always attend a shorter course or a workshop, such as eBay; Make the Most of your iPad; Make even more of your iPad; Floral Decorations for Easter - and gain so much.
- If you do not want to commit to a full course, however, you can always attend a workshop, such as EBay; Make the Most of your iPad; Make your own Beauty Products + Xmas Treats; Create a Unique Xmas Door Garland - and gain so much.
- Plus, there are further great courses to choose from: Digital Photography and Image Editing; Excel for Beginners; Watercolours; Silver Jewellery Making; Golf. There are many more on offer. Browse the Brochure - don't miss out!
Click HERE to download the Summer 2017 brochure.
How do I enrol?
By completing and returning an Enrolment Form (with course fee) to: Adult Enrolments, Wyedean School, Beachley Road, Sedbury, Chepstow, GLOS NP16 7AA (Cheques to be made payable to 'Wyedean School'). If enrolling by post, please write your email address clearly or enclose a SAE (stamped addressed envelope) for the return of your confirmation of a place on the course. NOTE: Payment to be made by cash or cheque, only.
How do I get an Enrolment Form?
- Download an enrolment form from the brochure on this website or via the link to Enrolment Form - photocopies are acceptable.
- Print and photocopies of enrolment forms are acceptable.
- Pick up a brochure - the enrolment form is at the back.
- Telephone: 01291 625340/636180.
- In person - Wyedean School Reception (7:30am - 4pm, term time).
- At the first class, subject to places being available.
Please note that in some classes, for example, beauty, arts and crafts, you will incur extra costs for materials - e. g., depends on the amount of silver used in the silver jewellery class.
Your Health - your responsibility
If in doubt about the state of your health and fitness before undertaking a course, particularly Yoga, Fitness classes, Pilates, Dance, etc - please consult your GP. In addition, inform your tutor at the start of the class or let us know beforehand.
We need a minimum number of students to ensure that a class is viable. In order to be flexible, we will consult you and come up with a solution as we know that you are disappointed when a class has to close. For instance, you pay the full cost of the course, but the number of weeks is reduced by one or two depending of the class size.
We will issue a full refund in the event that a class is cancelled by us. If you opt out of a class once you have paid, we do not normally issue a refund. In reasonable circumstances, however, we will issue a refund, less an administration fee of £5.00.
Extra help needed? Please let us know if you need any additional support, such as access, or large print etc.
In the event of adverse weather, such as snow, floods, please check the school website or Gloucestershire County Council website and listen to local radio.
Wyedean School & Sixth Form Centre, Beachley Road, Sedbury, Gloucestershire. NP16 7AA.
Telephone: 01291 625340 (answerphone at times).
Office Opening Times: 7:30am - 4pm (term time only).
Enrolments Office: Telephone 01291 625340 (answerphone at times, leave a message).
Community Coordinator: Aruna Mills. Telephone 01291 625340 ext. 217 or email@example.com (term-time only).