'Read Write' Support Tool for students with Literacy Needs
Dear Parent / Carer
Read&Write is available for home use. Free!
Your school has been using a software tool called Read&Write from Texthelp to help pupils who have literacy difficulties access exams. We’re pleased to say that this is now available for home use on any device your child uses.
This means that the software they use in school can now also be used at home for Remote Learning, Homework and School work - in an effort by the school to support every child’s learning.
Read&Write is a piece of software that works as a ‘toolbar’ in conjunction with familiar tools such as Word, Google Docs and web browsers. It offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research:
- Text-to-speech to hear words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting
- Dictionary definitions and pictures to identify the meaning of words
- With speech-to-text, dictate words to assist with writing, proofreading & studying
- Word prediction to offer suggestions for the current or next word to build writing skills
- Collection of highlights from text in documents, from a web page or PDF for summarising and research to help revision
- Pupils can receive voice notes in their documents to get teacher feedback on work - helping them improve their work faster
- Simplify text on web pages to remove ads and other items that can be distracting
At school, your child may already using Read&Write to access these powerful learning tools, and you can now download the software for home use by following the links below.
The school is very encouraged by the progress many pupils have already made in school by using Read&Write and we hope you will take the time to download the software at home so they can continue to receive this fantastic support tool.
Together we’ll help them reach their potential.
Quick steps to download:
You can download on up to 5 devices - Windows PC, Google Browser, Chromebook and Mac are all supported.
Read&Write for Google
Read&Write for Windows
Always use the valid pupils school email account information when logging into Read&Write software.