Welcome to the exams section of the website. The latest news on deadlines, timetables, regulations and results can all be found here. All students should be familiar with the School and Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) exam regulations. In particular students should know what is expected of them in the exams and ensure that they have all the appropriate equipment needed. Please ensure you check the Wyedean website regularly for any approaching deadlines, in particular for re-sit applications as late penalties will be applied if deadlines are missed.
|Exam Quick Links|
|REGULATIONS||POLICIES||ENQUIRY ABOUT RESULTS||EXAM RESULTS|
|EXAM RE-SITS||DEADLINES||STUDENT EXAMS SUPPORT||LINKS TO EXAM BOARD SITES|
You can contact the Exams Office staff by...
T: 01291 625340
F: 01291 624251
Please click HERE to download the Annual Exam Dates 2016/2017.
Please click HERE to download the Summer 2017 Final timetable for external exams.
Students can now view their live personal timetable in Moodle. For instructions please click HERE to download instructions.
REGULATIONS: (Back to top)
External exams are governed by JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications) regulations. JCQ provide information for candidates at the beginning of each academic year and students should familiarise themselves with these. The School also provides a document summarising what is expected of each student during their exams. These can be found below:
To download the JCQ Non Examination Assessment Regulations, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ Controlled Assessment Regulations, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ Coursework Regulations, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ On Screen Test Regulations, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ Written Exam Regulations, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ Warning to Candidates, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ Social Media Regulations, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ No Mobile Phones Warning, please click HERE.
To download the JCQ Privacy Notice, please click HERE.
To download the Wyedean School Exam Information, please click HERE.
POLICIES (Back to top)
The School has its own policies to ensure that the JCQ regulations are adhered to. The School's exams policies can be found here (click to download).
To download the Wyedean School Exams Policy, please click HERE.
To download the Internal Appeals Policy, please click HERE.
To download the External Appeals Policy, please click HERE.
To download the Coursework Procedure Policy, please click HERE.
To download the Controlled Assessment Policy, please click HERE.
ENQUIRY ABOUT RESULTS (E. A. R.) (Back to top)
If you would like to have an exam script re-viewed or would like to have sight of a script to help with future study, then the Exam Boards provide various Post Results Services. There are strict Exam Board deadlines to process these requests, which must be adhered to. All requests must be approved by the Exams Office and all should be accompanied by a cheque (made payable to Wyedean School) for the appropriate payment. All services are summarised in the Schools External Appeals Policy. This and various supporting application documents, prices and deadlines for the current exam season are attached.
To download the External Appeals Policy, please click HERE.
To download the Frequently asked questions, please click HERE.
To download the Deadline and Costs table, please click HERE.
To download the Request for Enquiry about Results GCSE, please click HERE.
To download the Request for Enquiry about Results AS/A Level , please click HERE.
To download the Request for Enquiry about Results BTEC, please click HERE.
To download the Candidate Consent for Review (Appendix A), please click HERE.
WYEDEAN EXAM RESULTS (Back to top)
AS/A level results can be collected from 9am, Thursday 18th August 2016 in Main Reception. GCSE results can be collected from 9am, Thursday 25th August 2016 in Main Reception. Results can only be collected by friends/family if they have signed written permission from the candidate and proof of their identity. Results can be posted if a large SAE with appropriate postage is left with the Examinations Officer. Results can only be given over the phone by prior arrangement.
Please click HERE to download the 2015 A2 results.
Please click HERE to download the 2015 GCSE results.
Please click HERE to download the 2014 A2 results.
Please click HERE to download the 2014 GCSE results.
Please click HERE to download the 2013 A2 results.
Please click HERE to download the 2013 Year11 GCSE results.
Please click HERE to download the 2012 A2 results.
Please click HERE to download the 2012 Year11 GCSE results.
Please click HERE to download the 2011 Year 13 A2 results.
Please click HERE to download the 2011 Year 11 GCSE results.
Please click HERE to download the 2010 Year 13 A2 Results.
Please click HERE to download the 2010 Year 11 GCSE results.
EXAM RE-SITS (Back to top)
AS AND A LEVEL RE-SITS
Students may have the opportunity to re-sit AS and A Level modules in order to improve grades. Re-sits are now only available in the Summer exam season.
New reformed AS Level* - Students MUST sit all exam units required for an overall subject grade, in the season they wish to certificate. Units cannot be taken in isolation.
Legacy AS and A Level* - Individual units can still be taken in isolation.
*Details of regulations surrounding AS/A Level re-sits can be found on the re-sit application form
Students MUST sit all exam units required for an overall subject grade in the season they wish to certificate. Most controlled assessment marks can be carried forward. English Language, Maths and AQA Certificate English will be available in November 2016. There will be no further re-sit oportunity for AQA Certificate English after November 2016. The final re-sit opportunity for English and Maths will be Summer 2017. All other GCSE re-sits will be in Summer 2017.
STRICT Deadlines and conditions apply to the entry of re-sits and all students should reads the TERMS below before submitting an application. All re-sit information is publicised around school, on the Exams Office notice board and on the School website.
A GCSE re-sit application form can be downloaded HERE, an AS/A level re-sit application form can be downloaded HERE and details of re-sit fees can be downloaded HERE .
There are two ways of making payment:
• By payment in cash or by cheque (payable to Wyedean School) at the School’s Cash Office OR
• By clicking on the internet payments section HERE, selecting the relevant re-sit code and making immediate payment.
All payments must be accompanied by a completed re-sit form.
• For on-line payments forms should be left at the main office or Exams Office immediately after payment is made. The application will not be processed without a completed form.
• For cash office payments, forms should be left with the cash office staff.
DEADLINES: Payments can be submitted by either method between the following dates: (Back to top)
|Nov 2016 (AQA Certificate English (IGCSE), GCSE English & Maths re-sits only)||19 September||30 September|
|Summer 2017||3 January||27 January|
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY PAYMENT OUTSIDE OF THESE DATES. YOUR PAYMENT WILL NOT BE REGISTERED AGAINST AN EXAM RE-SIT AND NO EXAM ENTRY WILL BE MADE. BY MAKING ANY RESIT PAYMENT APPLICATION, ALL APPLICANTS AGREE TO THE TERMS SHOWN HERE.
- All students must consult with the relevant subject teacher before completing a re-sit form. A teacher's signature must be obtained to allow the re-sit application to proceed.
- Students wishing to re-sit a coursework element should ascertain from their teacher if a re-sit is possible. It will be the students responsibility to ensure arrange marking with the relevant teacher.
- Entry (including any late entry) is at the School and Exam Board's discretion.
- Students are responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all entries. Financial penalties will be applied by the Exam Boards for any incorrect or late entries and these costs will have to be met by the student.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of application. All cheques should be made payable to Wyedean School.
- If payment is made on-line a completed application form should be submitted at the main School office or Exams Office.
- If an application deadline is missed, students should contact the Exams office for confirmation of whether entry is still available and for revised costings. On-line payment will not be available for late entries.
- Students can withdraw from re-sits, but a refund may not always be possible, dependent on Exam Board conditions.
STUDENT SUPPORT FOR EXAMS. (Back to top)
Please download the below.
Revision Booklet or the Sitting the Exams.
IMPORTANT EXAM DATES - UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST.
IF YOU NEED TO...
• REGISTER FOR A UNIVERSITY ENTRANCE TEST.
• YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ENTERED FOR A TEST BY YOUR UCAS SUBMISSION AND NEED TO USE WYEDEAN AS A TEST CENTRE.
YOU MUST SEE THE EXAMS OFFICE BY 20 SEPTEMBER TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE REGISTERED ON TIME AND THAT THE SCHOOL IS ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE THE TESTS
(Back to top)
|Exam Board||Website Address|