Laura Crum - Head of Year
Please click HERE to access the 2017-18 Safeguarding Curriculum Timetable for Year 10.
Please click HERE to access the Year 10 Course Information.
Please click HERE to access the powerpoint from the Year 10 information evening 10.10.17.
Please click HERE to access School Exam Information 2017-18.
Please click HERE to access JCQ Written Exam Regulations.
Science Department Key Information for Parents and Students
AQA Combined or Triple Science
Digital resources are available through the Kerboodle portal.
Access as follows:
Username is first initial plus surname e.g. John Smith would be jsmith
Password is the same as username for first login, then it can be changed.
The institution code is fo0.
Worksheets, exam style questions, interactive tests and the digital textbook can all be accessed.
Web based revision is still very good through BBC GCSE Bitesize.
CGP revision guides are excellent and can be purchased through the cash office for £4. They cost £7 in shops.
Important assessment changes- marking will be predominantly of short tests sat every 2-3 weeks. Students should be reviewing and transforming work at regular intervals.
We are looking at two online revision resources at the moment. Further details will follow
Year 10 English Literature mock exam – Tuesday 20th February 2018
- 3 exam papers
- 1 hour and 30 mins each
- Paper 1 is non-calculator
- Paper 2 and 3 are calculator papers – experience of using the same calculator regularly is essential
How to revise
- Little and often is the best
- The best time to start revising is now
- Use www.hegartymaths.com – choose a topic to work on that you know you struggle with
- Also choose topics on Hegarty Maths that you learnt in year 7, 8 and 9 (such as fractions) and make sure you’re still secure with it (the Hegarty Maths videos with the quizzes are an excellent way to revise as the videos provide examples very similar to the quiz questions)
- The quizzes and videos on Hegarty Maths are designed to go together – always watch the video and complete the quiz
- After school revision sessions will take place in year 11. Class teachers will inform students when they will take place.
- The vast majority of revision should be independent – revision sessions cannot possibly cover everything.
- Students should come to revision sessions armed with questions to ask
Other useful websites
www.diagnosticquestions.com – download the app
Year 10 Key Dates 2018
Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th January – Mock Interviews
Half term holidays –
Monday 12th – Friday 16th February
Monday 19th February – Inset Day
Tuesday 20th – English Literature Mock Exam
March – Short Reports issued to parents
Easter Holidays –
Friday 30th March – Friday 13th April
Summer term commences Monday 16th April
3rd – 24th May - Year 10 Mock Exams
Bank Holiday – Monday 7th May
22nd and 25th May - English Literature exams
Half term holidays
Monday 28th May – Friday 1st June
Thursday 14th June – Parents’ Evening
July – Long Reports issued to parents
9th – 13th July - Work Experience Week
Summer holidays commence Wednesday 25th July